Three Different Communities – Floral Park, Elmont and Brooklyn
New York had its history of providing home for early migrants from India from early 1950s and 60s. The inner thirst to have their own traditional way of liturgy and heri...
St. Mary’s Syro Malabar Catholic Church, Long Island, New York, established for a faith-filled descendants of St. Thomas the Apostle and the members of the Syro-Malabar Catholic Major Archiepiscopal Church, nourished by the rich traits of one of the ancient cultures in the world - Indian, thrive to impart our faith and culture to the whole world and especially to Syro Malabar descendants...
Good news: Church is open for Holy Qurbana and Holy Communion. Please follow the directives for coming to our Church Qurbana.
It has been very distressful days in the past three months, due to Covid-19 pandemic and many of you didn’t have a chance to come to our church for our church Mass during these days. By the grace of God, we are now able to come together again, for our Church...
- Sunday: 8:30 AM, and 11:30 AM (English)
- Monday: 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: No Mass
- Wednesday - Friday: 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM
Syro-Malabar Mass Schedule at Notre Dame church New Hyde Park.
- Every other Sunday: 3:30 PM*
- Tuesday: 6:00 PM*
* The Mass schedule is subject to change.
- Monday: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: No service
- Wednesday - Friday: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM
No upcoming events
MissionThe mission of the CCD Program is to bring Christ to his people and bring his people to the realization that they are the Church. We accomplish this by teaching the love of God and sharing our faith throughout the grades from pre-school through high school. Educating the parents of our children through adult formation classes. Preparing students for their sacraments and continuing formation in their faith knowledge. Being community to each other and promoting a strong parish family support.
- We are conducting the CCD midterm exams online via google classroom from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Sunday, January 10th. Every student must take the exam as it is mandatory. Please reach out to your CCD class teachers if you have any questions.
- Students must stick to their Team assignments and attend classes accordingly.
- First communion for 4th Graders and up is scheduled for April 24th, 2021.
- First communion for 3rd Graders is scheduled for May 22nd, 2021.
As a new service, we will be posting a downloadable copy of the Church Bulletin on our website on a weekly basis. The bulletins are in pdf format and to view and print them you need to have Acrobat Reader which is a free pdf reader.
Saint of the day
<p>The great apostle was a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin. He surpassed all his peers in zeal for the Jewish law and their traditions, which he thought to be the cause of God, became one of the most fierce enemies and persecutors of Christians. He was one of the conspirators in the martyrdom of St. Stephan.</p><p>After the martyrdom of the holy deacon, the priests and magistrates of the Jews raised a violent persecution against the church at Jerusalem, in which Saul placed himself above the others.</p><p>In the fury of his zeal, he appealed to the high priest and Sanhedrim for a commission to t</p>